- All pallet rack beam capacities are expressed in pounds per pair of beams. Only gravity loading and the RMI required impact have been considered.
- All values for pallet rack beams are based on a uniformly distributed load (i.e. each beam carries 50% of the load) and assume proper installation and no beam damage.
- The deflection limit for all pallet rack beams is the length divided by 180.
- Roll-formed pallet rack beams that are longer than 150” require lateral ties.
- Structural pallet rack beams that are longer than 108″ may require lateral ties.
- Values in the table are for the beam bending only.
- Please consult Springfield , Engineering for any shelf load over 10,000 lbs.
- Capacities include 12.5% impact for two pallets side by side. For a three-pallet-wide shelf, the values should be multiplied by 0.95. For one pallet per shelf, the values should be multiplied by 0.90.
- Capacity chart is based on current RMI specifications.
UNARCO rack designs conform to the latest Rack Manufacturers Institute (RMI) specifications and American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) Cold Formed Steel Design Manual.