STRUCTURAL RACK UPRIGHT CAPACITIES
|Column Size||C3 x 3.5||C3 x 4.1||C4 x 4.5||C4 x 5.4|
|Shelf Space||40″ Pan.||40″ Pan.||40″ Pan.||40″ Pan.|
Tables Tear Drop
|Column Size||C3 x 3.5|
|Shelf Space||40″ Pan.|
Frame capacities are based on the unsupported length, which is the measurement of the distance between the floor and the top of the first beam or the maximum spacing between beams, whichever governs.
Capacities do not take seismic, wind or other lateral forces into consideration.
Upright frames have to be anchored with at least one anchor bolt in each post and require a minimum concrete floor strength of 3,000 PSI for the maximum loads.
Contact the Unarco Springfield Office for any of the following conditions:
- Any application where the frame load exceeds 31,000 lbs. These frames may need larger base plates or heavier bracing.
- Any application that requires seismic design where the design ground acceleration Ss exceeds 25%g in IBC areas.
- Configurations that require a frame deeper than 60 inches or higher than 40 feet.
- Applications that involve support platforms or catwalks or any application other than normal pallet rack.
- Any single row where the height-to-depth ratio exceeds 6 to 1. These must be checked for anchorage against overturning.
- Any condition which creates uncertainty as to the proper use of these tables.
Column protection is recommended for uprights subjected to potential column abuse from lift trucks.